Our expert reviewers have tested hundreds of online casinos, assessing security, payout speed, bonuses and more. Find the five that came out on top below.
Which payment methods are fastest?
When it comes to online payments with Rupees, there are plenty of options open to players in India. Some of the most popular payment methods have been ranked in order of speed below:
- MuchBetter is currently the online payment method with the fastest processing time. It’s a smartphone app connected to a bank card. A transaction sent to it by an online casino can be completed in as little as 15 minutes. The longest MuchBetter transactions take 24 hours.
- Neteller is an easy and safe eWallet for managing online funds. To withdraw funds to your Neteller account, go to the casino’s Cashier section and select Neteller. Then choose the amount to withdraw. There is a 24-hour processing period before the funds are released to your card.
- Skrill is an eWallet that you can fund directly from your bank account. The withdrawal process and time is the same as Neteller.
- PaySafeCard is an anonymous way of paying online. It’s safe, quick and reliable, and does not share your information with the casino. It usually takes 24 hours for PaySafeCard withdrawals to appear in your account once the casino has cleared it.
- Visa cards are widely accepted and easy to use. However, they tend to have longer processing times than eWallets. On average a withdrawal to a Visa card takes 48 hours once the casino has cleared it.
- MasterCard is a reliable and safe method for withdrawing funds from your gaming account. However, due to its close connection to a bank account and the more stringent checks on cards, it can take 3 to 5 days for the funds to show in your account.
- AstroPay is an anonymous pre-paid 16-digit card that can only make online payments. As such, it can’t be used for withdrawals.
- NeoSurf is a store-bought, pre-paid 10-digit card for making online payments. It’s not linked to a bank account or eWallet and so it is only good for deposits.
Why aren’t withdrawals instant?
Online casinos are obliged to follow certain procedures when it comes to money transfers, especially cash withdrawals. The most common procedures are made up of the following steps:
- The player requests a withdrawal.
- The casino checks that certain conditions are met – has the welcome bonus been wagered according to the requirements and is the player allowed to withdraw this cash?
- The player’s documents and bank information is checked to ensure they are a real person and to comply with internationally established security procedures.
If this goes smoothly, the payment is issued by the online casino. However, it might take up to 5 working day for the cash to reach the player, depending on the payment method chosen.
As a rule, bank transfers are usually the slowest transfer method, while most eWallets work almost instantly. The whole procedure is also dependent on the speed at which the casino staff processes the requested payment from their side. Some online casinos have faster processing times than others, making their total withdrawal time shorter.