Our expert reviewers have tested hundreds of online casinos, assessing security, payout speed, bonuses and more. Find the five that came out on top below.
Different types of bonus offers
There are numerous bonuses available to new and existing casino members. Here’s an explanation of the most common.
This is the most common kind of casino bonus. These are only available to new customers who have never signed up to the casino site before. You will usually be required to make an opening deposit to claim a welcome bonus.
No deposit bonus
A no deposit bonus will give you extra betting funds without requiring you to lay any money down. As a result, it can be difficult to find a no deposit bonus. Casinos will be unlikely to give away something for nothing, so check the small print first.
This is a bonus for existing players who have already used a welcome bonus. It’s a reward for playing a site’s games. You might need casino bonus codes to claim these deals.
Game specific bonus
Sometimes a casino will advertise an online casino bonus that can only be used with a certain game. This is to promote the ga1me in question. It could be anything from a new slots game to a particular roulette variant.
How to redeem your online casino bonus code
- Read the terms and conditions - This will detail exactly how you can redeem your bonus and where to use it.
- Register and verify your account - You may have to enter your bonus code at the same time as registering your account, so look out for the prompt to do so.
- Make your qualifying deposit - You may have to enter your casino bonus code when you make your first deposit. The bonus terms and conditions should clearly state when you will need to redeem your bonus code, but remember that some promotions won’t require a promo code at all.
Bonuses almost always have wagering requirements. These detail what you can and cannot do with your casino bonus. If you fail to obey the wagering conditions, then you might find your bonus is declared void. Here are some key features of wagering conditions.
- Rollover requirements: This is when you must make a number of bets before you’re allowed to make a withdrawal. For example, you might have to bet the value of your first deposit and bonus ten times before you can withdraw your bonus winnings.
- Qualifying games: You might only be able to bet on certain casino games to fulfil the wagering requirements. Don’t be surprised if playing table games like blackjack and baccarat fail to clear your bonus. A common qualifying game is slots.
- Time period: If your casino bonus has wagering conditions, then it will usually have a specific time limit. This will give you a number of days to clear your bonus. Common time limits range between 24 hours to one month.
Loyalty schemes and monthly promotions
These promotions reward customers for how much time and money they spend on the site. You’ll often find that you’re awarded points each time you make a real money bet. As you collect points, you can use them to access extra bonuses, prizes, and even have your own account manager.
Many casinos put on special promotions once a month. These can award you anything, from free spins for certain slots games, to special bonuses for making extra deposits. It’s a great way for existing customers to get something extra from their casino gaming.
A casino bonus gives you extra betting funds to use at an online casino. They act as an incentive to sign up to, or stay at, a casino site. The most common type of casino bonus is a welcome bonus, which offers you ‘free’ money upon registration. But remember, you’ll have wagering requirements to meet before you can withdraw it.